Manchester, NH - MFD responded to reports of a building fire at 904 South Mammoth Rd. at 3:24 PM. Upon arrival they had smoke and fire showing from the end of the house. Fire crews immediately accessed the fire through the end of the building, but were challenged due to a metal roof preventing normal venting opportunities.
The fire was knocked down, and protective coverings were placed in the primary part of the house to prevent further damage. The occupants were home at the time, but it was someone who was passing by that reported the fire. According to District Chief Brendan Burns the fire appears to have started in the area of an attic fan and is not suspicious.
The high heat of nearly 90 degrees offered a challenge for the fire fighters in full protective gear. No civilians, fire fighters, or animals were injured. The house was not able to be reoccupied and has fire, water, and smoke damage.
©Jeffrey Hastings / www.frameofmindphoto.com