MFD received calls for smoke coming from the second floor of 297/299 Amherst St. Upon arrival they had smoke and fire in a second floor apartment. MFD assisted many residents with evacuating while crews went to work on the fire. The occupants forced out in to the cold were provided blankets by AMR on scene and later assistance from the Red Cross.

MFD determined the cause as combustibles too close to a heating device. One Fire Fighter had minor hand injuries.
MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9685MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9687MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9689MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9701MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9703MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9709MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9718MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9728MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9733MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9736MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9741MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9743MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9749MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9757MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9763MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9769MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9781MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9793MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9804MFD Fire Amherst St - 297 & 299-9820