MANCHESTER, NH - On December 26, 2021 Manchester Fire and AMR ambulance responded to the report of a structure fire at 356 Whitney Avenue. While firefighters were en route dispatch advised that caller was reporting a fire in the basement that was extending to the house.

Engine 5 arrived at about 10:00 a.m. and had heavy fire coming from the basement windows of the ranch-style house with an attached garage. Firefighters worked to knock down the fire while other crews searched the building.

Firefighters made an aggressive attack on the fire and were able to bring it under control by 10:22 a.m. Crews ejected smoke from the house using fans and placed salvage tarps on the contents of the house.

Eversource was called to the scene to disconnect power to the residence. Manchester highway department applied salt and sand to assist in dealing with the freezing water on the roadway.

MFD Chief Robert Beaudet said this fire is classified as accidental caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials. No one was injured in the fire, and the residents will be displaced while repairs are made.

©Jeffrey Hastings www.frameofmindphoto.com/news
FOM 2021-1549FOM 2021-1551FOM 2021-1553FOM 2021-1556FOM 2021-1560FOM 2021-1561FOM 2021-1565FOM 2021-1569FOM 2021-1576FOM 2021-1579FOM 2021-1580FOM 2021-1582FOM 2021-1584FOM 2021-1589FOM 2021-1591FOM 2021-1607FOM 2021-1609FOM 2021-1619FOM 2021-1625FOM 2021-1627