Manchester, NH - MFD received multiple calls for a fire at 165 Hancock St. Initial reports were that there were people trapped in the building. MFD arrived with heavy fire coming from the right side of the building. MFD made entry and assisted people evacuating the building. Alarms were sounding but there were no sprinklers in the building.

MFD went to work on the fire and also made entry to rescue several dogs, cats and a rabbit.

One FF received minor injuries one civilian suffered smoke inhalation. All animals were take to emergency veterinarians.

According to District Chief Michael Gamache the building at 165 and 167 Hancock has 6 units. All people have been displaced, and the Red Cross is assisting. The official cause of the fire was careless disposal of smoking materials.
This gallery is empty.