Manchester Fire, AMR ambulance and Manchester Police responded to a reported kitchen fire on July 20, 2022 just before 6:00 p.m.

First arriving crews encountered heavy black smoke showing from the first floor porch. Crews conducted an aggressive interior attack, coordinated with horizontal ventilation and a rapid primary search and rescue. Firefighters faced weather conditions including extreme heat and humidity

The fire was brought under control within minutes. Everyone had exited the structure safely, one occupant was accessed by MFD and AMR personnel for smoke inhalation, but refused transport. Two adults and two children were displaced by the fire and are being assisted by Red Cross.

The fire was accidental and caused by grease from cooking and the estimated damage is about $50,000 according to MFD Battalion Chief Kenneth Proulx

©Jeffrey Hastings www.frameofmindphoto.com/news
This gallery is empty.