MFD Firefighters Quickly Knock Down A Kitchen Fire In Large Multi-Unit Building

Manchester Fire Department responded to a 911 call for smoke in the building at 74 to 76 Massabesic Street Thursday morning.

First arriving companies reported smoke showing from the 2nd and 3rd-floor windows of a multi-unit wood-framed building.

Fire crews initiated an aggressive interior attack on the fire. The fire was able to be contained to kitchen and bathroom areas of 2nd and 3rd floors respectively according to Battalion Chief Bob Beaudet.

A search of the building found that everyone had exited the building safely. One pet cat was rescued and returned to it owner.

Two residents were displaced, one resident will be assisted by Red Cross, the remaining tenant is staying with family. Eversource disconnected the power supply to the entire building.

The first floor of the building housed a hair salon, and a plumbing and heating company, Beaudet said there was about $100,000 in damage from smoke, water, and fire. No one was injured in the fire.

©Jeffrey Hastings www.frameofmindphoto.com/news
FOM 2021-7741FOM 2021-7744FOM 2021-7756FOM 2021-7772FOM 2021-7779FOM 2021-7782FOM 2021-7786FOM 2021-7796FOM 2021-7800FOM 2021-7803